Monday, August 2, 2010

Miso Happy!

Ok so due to this weekend's SuperSale Bazaar, I have not been able to stick to my 3x/week gym commitment (but come to think of it, walking around Rockwell tent and standing around for hours is like cardio, no?). But so far, I'm still pretty happy with this lifestyle change. I have not eaten any beef, pork, and white rice for a little over a week and boy oh boy do I feel great! I used to feel guilty after every meal since I'd always get that really heavy unbutton-your-pants feeling but now every meal has been a delight.

I've been waking up everyday with a lighter feeling, which means that getting up in the morning isn't much of a struggle anymore. I don't get sleepy in the afternoon and surprisingly, I have so much energy to do more things!

I found it easier to jump start my healthier eating habits with Japanese food since the menu doesn't "substitute" anything and it's still very much real food. Edamame beans are such a treat and I've always loved miso soup anyway. Plus crabsticks are a personal favorite.

This week, I wanna check out Kahlil Bagatsing and Analei Atienza's Gratitude Cafe. Will update you guys on how it goes. Meanwhile, you can check out some Healthy Japanese Recipes first.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Let's all enjoy this workweek!

No comments:

Post a Comment